Monday, August 13, 2007

So What's Wrong With That?

I missed my exit this morning on the way to the doctor's office, and had to go to the next exit. There at the exit were two hotels and a "Waffle House". Now if you're lucky enough to have one in your area, you know how much fun these places can be. When you walk in the door everyone working behind the counter yells "Hello!". Its sort of nice to be recognized in such a manner. Is it a healthy place to eat? Only if you're in to coffee and animal based cooked foods.

So why am I talking about "Waffle House"? Because there is absolutely nothing wrong with eating there, and I plan to eat there if I want a nice plate of sunny side up eggs, hash browns, scattered, smothered and covered, wheat toast and coffee.

I realized that the failure of so many diets is because we deny ourselves something. There's a big difference between "denial" and "choosing". When we say we can't have something, we tend to want that item all the more. But when we realize we can eat that same item any time we want to eat it, but decide we just don't want the food, its a lot easier to stay away from unhealthy foods.

So, if you want to gorge yourself on a steak, or pizza, or anything else, go ahead. Its your choice. Oh, yeah, just remember, the consequences are yours too! Yes, there's always a yin to your yang!

OK, here's my first recipe. I've named it "Bob's Raw Diva Delite" in honor of a great program. Its been 9 days on the BES and I've lost six pounds! So check out the Raw Diva's "Body Enlightenment System"~

2 mangoes, peeled and chunked
3 bananas
1 cup water
1 cup pineapple, chunked
1 cup frozen strawberries
2 handfuls baby spinach

Put all the ingredients in the Vita-Mix and 'WHIP IT GOOD". (Thank you Devo!)

1 comment:

Jean said...

For what it's worth, most of the Waffle House's I've in over the last year have added tomato slices to the menu as an option to be included with your breakfast. So far, I haven't regretted making that selection.