Sunday, October 28, 2007

Have You Gone Raw?

Have you ever heard of the web site "Gone Raw"? No? Well, let me introduce you to a great little site that has grown by leaps and bounds. Gone Raw is a site where people who like eating raw gather to share recipes. You can become a member for free! Most of the recipes are the members own creations.

This morning I came across a recipe that I just have to share with you. It was created by the Gone Raw member "Kanayada" who has published three recipes in the last month since joining the site. I think she's got a thing for chocolate, which is fine with me!

Choco-Cherry Milk

1 serving

I just made this because I was craving the chocolate cherry ice cream recipe from this site but didn’t have any frozen bananas. It’s actually very tasty.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon cacao or carob powder
  • 2 dates
  • ½ cup fresh or frozen cherries

Preparation

Blend everything together and enjoy!


Of course just like Kanayada didn't have everything to make ice cream, I didn't have everything this morning for her recipe. So, I made some changes too. I didn't have the almond milk or dates (I know, dates should always be in the cupboard. But the go so well with almond butter as a snack!)

Here is my version:

Choco-Cherry Milk

1 serving

Ingredients

  • 8 ounces water
  • 2 tablespoons almond butter
  • 2 tablespoon cacao or carob powder (I told you I like chocolate!)
  • 2 tablespoons raw honey or agave (I used the agave last night to make another batch of "The Daily Raw's" Basil Limeade.)
  • ½ cup frozen cherries

Preparation

Place water, almond butter and honey/agave in blender and blend for several minutes. Strain the mixture and return to the blender. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until frothy.


Either way I think you'll find this to be a nice refreshing drink. Thanks again to Kanayada and Gone Raw for thinking outside the box!

No comments: