Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Jumping on the Bandwagon


I look around at some of the things going on in my life, and wonder if its really worth the energy. What are the most important things to hold onto? What should I be working toward?

Of course health has to be at the top of the list. But which way should I turn? There are gurus all around me. There's raw foodists, cooked foodists, fast foodists. There's fruitarians, vegetarians, and people who believe that we should eat nothing but meat. I feel like I'm on a merry-go-round, or a gerbil's wheel, running with no end in sight!

So I stop, take five steps back and shove everything off the table. I begin with a clean slate. There's only one thing to deal with. Me.

Its time to look at the person I have to face every moment of my life in this world. I have to look at where I am and where I've been. Until I see the path behind me, and where I stand, I'll never know whether my next step in life is the best for me, and only me.

Am I being selfish? Not at all. I'm honoring my life plan. Until I confront myself, and deal with my issues, I'm not able to help those around me.

So do I turn to books? Do I turn to CDs? Do I turn to the myriad of self-help websites on the net?

No, I turn to myself. I listen. I acknowledge. I honor.

Only after I turn inward, do I turn outward. I seek out those people who best fit my beliefs. I don't go for glitz, or baubles or beads. I go for substance. I don't look for the demagogues, the people who demand my respect, I look for the well meaning people who want nothing more than to share their knowledge with the community of the people around them. These are the people who understand that through sharing comes growth.

Its time to live life to its fullest. Its time to make your own choices. Choose your own plan and don't believe the snake charmers who offer the overnight silver bullet to be found in a raw foods lifestyle. It doesn't exist.

Raw foods are a tool to change a lifetime of existence. Raw foods are not the answer to your problems. Don't jump on the bandwagon until you're ready to deal with your life.

You are the only answer to all of the challenges you face. Listen to yourself first, then listen to those around you.

2 comments:

Terilynn said...

Well said, Bob. Very well said.

Kristen's Raw said...

I was just going to write "well said" and Teri already wrote it. So, I'll change it up a bit and write, "Well Written!"
Bob, you ROCK :)

Cheers!