Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Bah Hum...You got me what? Well....

I'll admit, as will Keely, that I just don't get into the whole Christmas thing anymore. Maybe its garbage on the radio like: "You can buy more Christmas with your money when you shop at ...". Maybe its due to all the crass consumerism. Maybe its realizing that all those that get together an smile one day will be back to their sniping and growling the next day.

Katie and Kara asked everyone not to buy them gifts this year. Emily, Rocky and Max sent homemade Christmas cards using the Internet to save paper, stamps and energy (and the insane trip, and wait at the post office too!) These are people that I really respect, and care for, because they're not afraid of stepping outside the box. (Besides, if there was a historical Jesus, does anyone really think that such an advanced soul really cares what the person behind the pulpit says you should do, as they pass the plate for more money? Jesus didn't need a multi-million dollar mega church with surround sound! No, the only message the Jesus I remember learning about as I grew up in the Methodist Church was a person who talked about loving each other, not about worshiping him as a deity!)

OK, Ebeneezer, get back on track.

I've got to go grocery shopping today. I'm not looking forward to this trip. I really could do a juice fast for the next few days, but no, friends of ours went and totally messed up my holiday. Well, they didn't really mess it up, I needed something to try out the Global 10" Chef's knife that I got for a holiday I don't really celebrate (Hey, I didn't say I wasn't a hypocrite! I'm Buddhist, not perfect! That's not right. We're all perfect. We just don't acknowledge it. But that's another blog.)

Yes, the woman who is responsible for throwing the economies of various third world countries into disarray with her eggless salad recipe has come up with a Christmas Recipe Book. Our little Holiday Elves, Heidi & Justin Ohlander worked overtime to get a new Christmas ebook out just in time for Christmas.


Keely would love to make everything in Heidi's book, but its just not going to happen, unless she goes shopping like I'm going to do in a few minutes, and makes it herself. But the Mango Cranberry Chutney looks so wonderful! No, you know my feelings on that issue, buy the book. I'm not publishing any recipe unless they say I can. I think we should all support this great people who are trying to advance raw foods, and their own lives at the same time.

I've got a couple of recipes that I've been wanting to make while I'm on vacation. I've got to make Rawcaroni Salad today or I'm going to start breaking things, and there's a Bok Choy Asian Salad recipe I found on GoneRaw.com. I can't forget the Hazelnut Pesto Shredded Brussels Sprouts! But this recipe book will be getting a workout over the next few days. I've already made the cheese ball. No, I take that back. I've already eaten a large portion of the cheese ball....

Wait. Did I say I was on vacation? Yes, I'm hibernating until January 2, 2008 (or longer, depending upon the lottery!) I'm planning on sleeping, reading some great Buddhist manuscripts, and just being a royal pain in the tush to Keely (nothing new there). We're going to spend some time with Katie and Kara, and eat out (don't you dare assume that I'll be eating anywhere but Ha Long Bay!)

I'm also going to be fixing some of Kristen's Raw wonderful recipes from her holiday ebook (note to self, buy her new ebook "Kristen's Raw: The EASY Way to Get Started and SUCCEED with Raw Food". No, she didn't ask me to say that. Kristen does great work, and I'm always willing to help out a friend), and planning on taking part in the Raw Divas next round of the Body Enlightenment System set to start in January (more great friends. Even though one isn't sticking to the 10:30 rule. Send that picture lady!).

So, if you don't hear from me in the next week, don't worry, Thomas the Blog Rat isn't far away! (Yeah, who's the real rat in the family?)

OK, the baby doesn't have anything to do with raw Christmas recipes. But, just like ever child in the world, she is what Christmas is supposed to be all about. A child only knows how to love (I know, and fill a diaper!) Besides, you all need a reason to say: "Awww" if you already don't have a reason!

Happy Holidays!

No comments: