Sunday, November 25, 2007

HAPPINESS IS A WARM CORN BREAD

Blogging is not the easiest thing in the world. Sometimes you just don't have anything exciting to say. I figure why bore others when I'm boring myself.

Given that admission, and Keely getting ready to ask me to haul the laundry from the 2nd floor to the basement (When did they stop putting clothes chutes in homes? Drop the clothes down the chute, and they'd land right by the washer!), I'm going to take a "get out of jail free" card, and point you to another blog.

I've discovered "Twitter" and have been "twittering away" lately. Twitter's this neat little site where you get 140 characters to vent. You can watch what other people are doing like Sarma Melngailis of One Lucky Duck, Heidi and Justin Ohlander of Raw Food, Right Now, and Tanja Andrews of Freshtopia! (Hey, they're not all women. Justin's hiding in there!)

Then there's a new person I discovered on Twitter. She calls herself Rubyvroom. Rubyvroom's real name is Penni Shelton, and her blog is Real Food in Tulsa. Now why do I find her so exciting? Isn't it obvious? WARM CORN BREAD! Oh, man, this one almost didn't make it to the dehydrator! It has the right amount of heat and sweetness, along with that grainy consistency that you find in "cooked" corn bread.

OK, I guess that the "blog block" wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. But if it wasn't for "Twitter" I wouldn't have found Penni and her wonderful corn bread recipe. I can't wait for it to be finished! Its going to make a great addition to my snack bag for my overnight business trip on Monday to Youngstown, Ohio. (I'll go anyplace these days where I'm not stuck in a cubicle in a converted airplane hanger!)

So stop reading me and get over to Real Food in Tulsa! That Corn Bread is really smelling great! (One piece just got eaten, and its only half done!) Go make your own! I have no plans on sharing.

Thanks to Ace Cuervo, a photoprapher with the Tulsa World, who took this great picture of Penni back in 2006.

Don't forget that you'll find all of my favorite links, including Penni's blog, at More Than Anatevka, my blog about blogs!

1 comment:

Kristen's Raw said...

Hi Bob,
I clicked through your links and saw next to my link "(she can press how much?)"

haha - are you referring to how much I can bench press??? Quite a bit. Cheers!!!