Wednesday, June 27, 2018

You say Potato, and I say Poh-tah-toe

It's been a long time since I've blogged. My Doctor at the time and I were in agreement that it was best that I retired for medical reasons. So, when OPERS told me on Friday I was eligible to retire on Tuesday I gave the notice required by Ohio law (no notice required) and left. I still have a license but I can't practice or call myself an attorney because I didn't pay the fee. I can still put J.D. after my name to show that I've got a doctorate because I earned that degree.

Since then I've had cataract surgery. I swore I'd never have eye surgery unless they knocked me out, but I made it. I didn't realize how bad my eyes were until I took off the patch and I could see real whites.

So what am I doing today? I'm starting a detox.

What kind of a detox? (Hint, look at the title.)

So, once again I couldn't get to sleep last night (Trazadone hadn't kicked in.) So here I am surfing the Internet and YouTube. I came across a woman named Leah Mae. Something said to watch one of her posts. She hasn't hit 200 followers yet, but something clicked. She laid her feelings on the table for everyone to see, her fears and continuing issues with weight. For me it was a kick in the gut. I was up until close to 3:00 AM on Tuesday night. I bought "The Spud Fit Challenge" by Andrew Taylor. It's less than 70 pages, and I blew through it. I thought it sounded familiar so I looked in my electronic library and there was Penn Jillete's book; Presto!: How I Made Over 100 Pounds Disappear and Other Magical Tales", that I bought in August, 2016. How did he save his life? Potatoes.

So, I decided to check out one of my favorite actors/Directors: Kevin Smith. What did he first eat (although he's now on W.W.) after his heart attack to lose weight? Potatoes.

So I got up this morning, screamed at Twitter, screamed at the news, drank a lot of water, and bought 13 lbs of potatoes.

Right now I'm eating potatoes.

My starting weight for this experience is 275.8. That's not my highest, but that is my business only.

Once a week I'll post my weight, and my thoughts.

Today is a new day. Damn but Instant Pot potatoes are awesome!

Check out Leah on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7KCHA5NHifZc3bM8wcYtHw/featured and show her some support. Many of us walk the same path!






















































\









































































































'



























































No comments: